Monday, March 3, 2008

Up and Running in Kokomo

Well I apologize for the long delay in blogging my dear blogging friends. It has been a crazy few weeks but we are now up and running here in Kokomo. We moved just over 2 weeks ago and things have been going quite well. The move went incredibly smooth, thanks to so much help from family and friends and I was actually pretty much unpacked within 2 days. I'm not sure if that's due to lots of great help (thanks parents!) or my uncontrollable desire to have everything organized and in place. We like the house and it is surprising how at home it already feels to us.
We took a picture of Kreg on his first day of work (the Monday after we moved). We both felt like it was the first day of school for him....nervous but excited all at the same time.

And I must say I was a bit worried when he came home after that first day of work, overwhelmed and exhausted. The first few days were an adjustment for both of us as we did not realize he would be out the door every morning at 5:50 am (yes you read that correctly) but setting the alarm for so early does not seem so bad now and Kreg is definitely not as exhausted as he is getting use to the work again. Farming is tough work! And I quite enjoy his stories of the day (contrary to popular belief working in hog barns all day can make for some very interesting and funny dinner conversations). So all in all we are doing very well in our new home and town. My mother-in-law has so graciously offered to keep Aiden for me on Mondays so I can have time to shop or clean or relax and its wonderful! Not only that but after keeping Aiden all day she makes us dinner! I have quickly come to the conclusion that Monday's are my new favorite day....no cooking and baby free. I have a clean house, clean laundry, food in the refrig, and I finished a book today.

Aiden has made the adjustment beautifully. Apart from missing his grandma Hansen to the point of clinging to her desperately when he sees her once a week, I'm not even sure he noticed we moved. He's been walking everywhere too! And into everything. Most days I feel as though he is out to destroy anything I pick up or clean up but most of the time he is awefully cute at doing so. He's my little buddy and probably one of the main reasons this transition to Kokomo has not been as difficult so far as I thought it would be. He's also as silly as ever, as you can see from the picture. I don't know why but Kreg and I decided to give him the cool whip container one evening at dinner (there was not much left in it). He could hardly believe it and felt the need to put it on his head. Needless to say that evening quickly became bath night.

And...

The big news.....We sold our home in Indy TODAY! God is so good! We are so blessed to have his faithfulness poured out upon us. We never expected for our home to sell so quickly after moving. We were making plans for the long haul seeing as how the media portrays the housing market right now. But we serve the one true God in which nothing is impossible for Him.

1 comment:

MH said...

congrats on selling the house!
so glad to see you posting again. and happy to hear the move went well. give me a call so we can catch up!