Saturday, March 8, 2008

Zumba!

Zumba fitness! Anyone heard of it? So much fun! Last night Kylie (Kreg's cousin's wife) and I went to a 2 hour zumba fitness class and it was a blast. Its a combination of cumbia, salsa, samba, and merengue put to fast latin music. Zumba is spanish slang for "to move fast and have fun" and fun and fast it was! At first I was a bit overwhelmed and had no idea what I was doing. And I had to finally come to the conclusion that the other 75 to 100 people (all girls and two over weight husbands that were actually better than most of the girls) were not watching me. But once I came to that conclusion it was so so much fun. It's fast and an amazing workout. I do a lot different types of workouts but I think this was by far my most fun workout I've ever done and I'm pretty sure about every muscle in my body was being used. Check it out at www.zumbafitness.com And I highly recommend finding a zumba fitness class near you. It's not for everyone and it does take quite a bit of coordination but if you've got any rhythem at all and want to get a good workout then I definitely think you'll be hooked. The whole time I was there I just kept thinking how much my college roommate would love this! So Heather Michele Dunbar this is a shout out to you all the way in Russia. I have 4 more months to perfect my zumba moves and you are going to zumba class with me when you get home! Its a good thing I have 4 months too because I know you will probably show me up the first time you ever go.

No comments: