Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally....pics of Makayla's Birthday Party

Yes, I'm finally getting around to posting the pics of Makayla's birthday party. Life has been a little busy lately. I've started teaching a Bible Study at my church so I've spent a lot of hours preparing for that. And of course to coincide with the beginning of my Bible Study the kids came down with colds. Poor Makayla didn't stop there however....she also decide to get two new teeth and have a UTI (urinary tract infection). Oh yes we've been having lots of fun! Sunday night when we got home from church her fever was almost 104. I had a hard time getting it under control all that night and by Monday morning she looked terrible. She was shaking (I think it was cold chills) and whimpering. At one point she got unresponsive and her eyes were only half open. That's when I flipped out! I threw the kids in the car and met Kreg at the doctor's office. The pediatrician's office is in the hospital so I knew if need be then we were going to be in good hands. After Makayla was put through chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia and catheterized for a urine sample we were able to go home (about 4 hours later). She still hasn't been sleeping very well at night (up for 2 1/2 hours last night) but she is acting and feeling much better and I'm very thankful for that.
Poor baby girl has had a pretty rough start to her second year of life. Anyway, without further ado I present to you the birthday party:
The Cake

My Beautiful Table

Yuuummmmmyyyyy!


Makayla's new Melissa & Doug shopping cart...she loves shopping around the house. And notice she even has her baby and purse in tow.

The evening of Makayla's birthday we let her go at a strawberry cupcake, after having a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. It was a messy night let me tell ya!

We gave Makayla a musical chair. This girl LOVES music.

No comments: