Friday, October 23, 2009

The Last Nice Day of the Season

I do believe Wednesday just may have been the last really nice day of the year. We hit the 70 mark and it was beautiful outside. All the trees right now are so full of color. So the kids and I tried to take advantage of it and after their naps we spent a good portion of the afternoon outside. And Makayla being the big girl that she is now got to play in the grass, sit in the sandbox for the first time, and sit in the swing! She really really loved the swing. The sandbox was interesting. She kept trying to eat the sand even though every time she would put sand in her mouth she would make a terrible face and try to spit it back out. I have no pictures of the sandbox but I do have a great one of her in the swing.

I also tried to get a few pics of Aiden and Makayla in front of this beautiful red bush in our front yard. But to actually get them to both smile in the same picture or even just to both look at the camera at the same time would be too much to ask for. I would even settle for the two of them just sitting nice and STILL next to each other. That would have been fine with me too. But no, I don't think any of the above happened.


No comments: