Friday, February 20, 2009

"mommy pray"

You know you are doing something right with this parenting stuff when your two year old is the one that reminds you to pray. Yesterday when I was putting Aiden down for his nap he layed down like the good boy he normally is and was quietly saying something. I said "what's that Aiden?" And he smiled at me and said "mommy pray." I normally pray with him before he goes to bed at night (sometimes he reminds me then too) but I don't normally pray with him before his nap. But to be honest yesterday I was feeling a bit anxious over some things and what a great way for God to remind me to pray....by speaking to me through my two year old. You just gotta love it! Thank you for the reminder Aiden!

2 comments:

Megan said...

What a sweetie!

Heidi Stone said...

lately my kids have been asking me to pray when we get into the car. i'm starting to wonder what this says about my driving....