Friday, April 18, 2008

Sonic Booms and Earthquakes

Yesterday a "sonic boom" that was loud enough to rattle our windows and scare us out of bed and today an earthquake! I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

The "sonic boom" turned out to be an F-16 breaking the sound barrier. Pretty cool now that we know what it was but at the time we were a bit concerned. My first thought was a bomb went off somewhere nearby. Kreg got up and walked around the house to make sure everything was ok and we didn't see anything strange outside.

And then this morning Kreg came into the bedroom at 5:40 am (he was eating breakfast and I had just gotten out of bed) and asked "Did you feel that? That was crazy." Sure enough an earthquake.

Now obviously the rapture did not happen this morning but in my heart I cannot help but feel we are getting closer to the day of the Lord. Jesus says in Matthew 24 when speaking of the sings of the End of the Age, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places." And then in Luke 21 Jesus says, "There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. On the earth, nations will be inanguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." I find these verses very fascinating in light of the earthquakes that have occurred in recent years all around the world, the string of hurricanes we have seen in the past several years (New Orleans), and the tsumani in 2004. And with all the turmoil in Iraq and the growing threat of Iran ("nation will raise against nation"). We cannot know for sure that these events were what the Lord was referring to and I think that is not the point. The point is the Lord has told us to always be on alert and ready because the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. So I ask you, are you ready? Do you have a relationship with Jesus and claim Him as your Lord and Savior? If not then think about and think about it quickly. You never know what tomorrow will bring. The Bible is truth and it is real. We will ALL stand before the Judgement seat of Christ and I am very thankful I will be counted on the Lord's side and my name will be found in the Book of Life. My goal is to hear Him say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." What's your goal? In John 14:6 Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." It's not about how good you are. For no one is good enough and all have sinned. But it is about having a relationship with Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

No comments: