Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kristopher and Monica's Wedding

This past weekend Kreg and I made the trek to Chicago for his brother's wedding. Kreg is one of five boys as many of you know and Kristopher is his next younger brother. It was a great weekend....lots of good times with family, the wedding went off without a hitch (as far as I know), the bride was beautiful, and Aiden was a very good boy (even though off schedule and lacking in sleep). The ceremony was beautiful as well and reminded me of what God intended marriage to be and how wonderful it is when Godly families are united through marriage. I always love watching the groom at weddings because in a truly godly couple you can so clearly see the radiance of the bride reflect off of him and its such a beautiful picture of Christ and his Church. It brought back a lot of memories of our wedding. Seeing Kreg for the first time, walking down that aisle and seeing no one but him, the excitement, and the love I felt from all our family and friends. We are truly blessed......I am truly blessed.

Monica with her husband and new brothers! (and my very studly husband)


I stole a quick picture with the bride.


Their first dance....the back of her dress was stunning.

Oh what fun! And now there is another Mrs. Salsbery to add to our numbers! We shall one day take over I think :) Kristopher and Monica started dating before Kreg and I did and I remember walking behind them one night on campus (Kristopher was walking Monica back to our dorm after a special chapel service) and thinking what a cute couple they made. And of course feeling a little jealous that I didn't have a boy to walk me back to the dorm (all in due time). And at that point I never would have imagined we would all be in the same family together...God is good. Monica has been around since I started dating Kreg so it felt only fitting to watch them pledge their vows to each other. I am very blessed to be a part of this family. I grew up in a wonderfully close and godly family and i also got to marry into a wonderfully close and godly family...you just don't see that much these days. Thank you Lord!

No comments: